NIDA Young Actors Residency, 15-18 Years
NIDA Corporate » »
Young Actors Residency, 15-18 Years

Young Actors Residency, 15-18 Years

Syntax error in "{block name:“Demographic: Young People acting”}"
  1. There's no block with the name: Demographic: Young People acting

Holiday course

Work with industry experts and NIDA tutors in an intensive Residency course exploring core acting techniques and their application to a variety of material. Develop and extend your acting skills within a highly motivated group. NIDA’s Residencies are designed for people with a commitment and curiosity to undergo intensive artistic development over an extended period of time. Applications are accepted internationally as well as nationally, to create a vibrant cultural hub.


Week one: Monday 9 January – Friday 13 January, 10:00am–5:00pm

Explore professional performance practice in voice, movement and acting. Develop confidence in applying technique to text in a scene study intensive.

Week two: Monday 16 January – Friday 20 January, 10:00am–5:00pm

Develop your screen presence through rehearsal, reflection and shooting scenes for camera. Build a practical understanding of the shooting process and gain insight on how to work towards industry standards.


  • Explore improvisation as a tool for devising scenes and characters
  • Develop the ability to respond to a variety of scripts
  • Engage in effective collaboration with others
  • Adapt acting skills to the screen context




An application fee of 10% of the total course cost is due on application. If you are not accepted into the course, this application fee will be fully refunded. If you are accepted the remaining 90% of the course fee will need to be made to secure your place in the course. Please note the fee covers the course fee only, accommodation and other costs are not included.

Two Week Residency
Application fee: $1270
Early bird fee: $1,143 (includes $127 application fee)
Full fee: $1,270 (includes $125 application fee)

Early bird expires 15 December 2022. The full course fee payment must be made before 15 December for the early bird to apply. Applications must be received before 1 December to be reviewed in time for you to secure the early bird rate.

Important information

  • Please read our cancellation and transfer policy.
  • Flights and Accommodation: From time to time we may need to cancel an advertised course. Before booking flights and accommodation for travel to attend a NIDA Open course, please contact the NIDA Open office to confirm if your course will proceed as planned. NIDA does not accept liability for any associated costs of attendance or cancellation.
  • Please wear unrestrictive and comfortable clothing for all performance related course.
  • Please wear closed in shoes. Shoes may be removed in the rehearsal room on the direction of the class tutor.
  • It is compulsory to wear closed-toe footwear in any classes which take place in the Reg Grundy Studio or any of NIDA’s theatres.
  • Please bring along a pen, notebook and bottle of water to all classes.
  • Participants must provide their own lunch, including snacks and drinks.
  • Students in courses for 15-18 Years will not be supervised in breaks and are free to leave the venue at designated break times should they wish.

Application Information

Entry to NIDA Residencies is by selection. Applications must be made online via the link below. All applications will be considered within 10 workings days and the outcome of your application will be advised by e-mail.

Apply Now

Connect with us